This has been sitting in the drafts since the episode came out, but I’ve never gotten around to finishing it because school came and gave me a diarrhea of schoolwork I had to unload
and clean up.
In any case, since the episodes came out, I probably won’t be making much predictions (and I won’t even go to TG:re and Root A). It should be noted that as I’m writing the review for each episode I have not watched the episodes that came after save for the first episode of Root A because yeah I’ve read the manga and I just want to know if the deviation looked good… yeeeah, we’ll get to that after I finish season 1’s episodes 8 – 12.
1. This article comes from the perspective of someone who has read the manga.
2. I wouldn’t be critiquing the plot as much as I am going to comment on its progression.
3. Blue text usually indicates a topic change within a section.
4. Gray text, sometimes labeled as run-on note, are basically that–a no-punctuation ramble about whatever.
A spoiler among non-spoiler shit is like this for a reason. Don’t try too hard to read it if you don’t want to be spoiled.
6. If it wasn’t obvious from before, the manga scans I put up are butchered to fit what I’m trying to say. Everything is credited at the beginning.
No spoiler warnings this time because it’s been a while since everything was released.
Gore and violence abound, especially since I’m using the bluray releases so yaaay no more censorship! But stay safe.